Miami County – On August 30, 2019, officers from the Indiana State Police will conduct an enforcement checkpoint targeting impaired drivers in Miami County. After the checkpoint, troopers will conduct roving saturation patrols aggressively seeking impaired drivers throughout the Indiana State Police Peru District which covers Cass, Fulton, Grant, Miami, Howard, Tipton, and Wabash Counties.
The purpose of enforcement checkpoints is to remove impaired drivers from Indiana roadways before they cause needless pain, suffering, or death to innocent victims.
Reminders so motorists do not find themselves “Over the Limit and Under Arrest”:
- Plan ahead and always designate a sober driver before consuming alcohol.
- Don’t drive a vehicle if you’ve been drinking alcohol. Call a ride service or a sober friend. A ride service is cheaper than a D.U.I. arrest.
- Take care of your friends. Never let a friend drive while impaired. Take their keys.
- If you are hosting a party, offer non-alcoholic beverages. Make sure all of your guests leave with a sober driver.
- Never provide alcohol to anyone under the legal drinking age of 21.
Motorists are encouraged to report suspected impaired drivers by calling 911. Give a vehicle description, location, and direction of travel. Never follow an impaired driver.
SOURCE: News release from Indiana State Police